Saturday, November 11, 2006

It has begun

Well it has been a terribly long time since I have last blogged and I figure it is about time to begin the documentation of my latest life adventure. I know that this one will by no means be as interesting to read as my adventures traveling Europe and experiencing the wonderful Dutch life, but hey California is pretty much just as different :-)

I have been here at Fuller for a little over 2 months now, and life is good. I have decided that my mood is largely influenced by the weather and therefore I find myself largely happy in this land of perpetual sun. Although, I was watching a commercial the other day and saw the snow and must say I am looking forward to seeing a little of the stuff at Christmas, but I appreciate the fact that I will be able to leave it and go back to my flip-flops. But hey, in the end life is great. I mean I have already had so many opportunities in this life, and here is just one more. I am excited to see where it leads me, and have already been challenged and pulled in all directions, but we will get to that later.

To begin my posting I think I will prod the seed of jealously out of all you snow bound mid-westerners by posting some pictures of some friends and me when they came up to visit and attend a National Youth Workers Convention a week ago. It was great to see some people from back home for the weekend, and we spent 2 days at the beach boogie boarding and just hanging out in the sand. We were out there all day until the sun finally began to set and the waves pummeled us one to many times. But hey, i now have a few extra boogie boards if anyone is interested in a visit:-)
We had 4 days filled with laughter and great community. They are some of my favorite peopel to hang out with, and truly inspiring and challenging as I struggle to figure out what the heck I am supposed to do with my life. I must say it is kinda weird to be out here at seminary. People now expect things from me that were not expected before, Maturity for one. I don't know if i like it, i dont know if i like it at all:-) But life is good in the end. My roommate is a great guy to hang out with and I have found the other 7 people on campus who are not yet married so I have a few friends to hang out with. Marriage: I swear society forces us into those things, I mean what else are we supposed to do on the weekends when all our friends get married? It is dating insurance I tell ya:-) Haha I'm just playin NerdFace, Im stoked for your wedding, i hope all the planning is going well and to all those back home, I miss ya!! Ill be posting more soon. I hope that the posts don't get to boring for you all, I mean I am not finding urinals on the street corners over here, and I deffinately have not found a castle in my name, but hey, I did find a couple hundred starbucks and and a place to get the occasional brew from the Netherlands!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home